Have you noticed your plants lacking life, even if you water them frequently? An easy solution to bring your plants back to life is a compost tumbler!
Plants take nutrients out of the soil, and there is often nothing to put any back in. By composting, nutrients are put back into your soil, and you will see your plants be rejuvenated.
If you do not add nutrients back into the soil, your plants will slowly die. Even if you replant new crops, the soil will still be nutrient-starved, and they will not grow as efficiently.
Luckily, composting is simple to do; you simply put in fruits and vegetables you would usually throw away into a bin to add to your soil! If you want to have your plants rejuvenated and beautiful again, take a look at our top 4 list of best compost tumblers.
Our Top 4 Best Compost Tumblers
#1 FCMP IM4000
The FCMP IM4000 is the best garden tumbler and is ranked as number 1 on Amazon for compost tumblers. It has a dual-chamber, allowing you to have one full of fruit and vegetable waste and the other one open for any fresh lawn clippings.
The aeration system allows there to be airflow in the chamber while you turn it- which is important for the composting process to break down the waste and disperse nutrients properly.
This compost tumbler is BPA free, meaning it is ideal for composting waste that will be used in gardens for fruit and vegetables. It is also made of polypropylene material, making sure the tumblers will not degrade with sun exposure.
The FCMP Outdoor brand is an Amazon brand that is trusted by thousands for outdoor needs. They are a leading competitor, namely for composting bins and gardening supplies.
Pros and Cons
- The FCMP brand is a leading competitor on Amazon for outdoor products.
- The FCMP IM4000 is about 28 pounds, making it easily set up (it is lighter than some bags of dog food!) and easier to move if you decide to change its location in your yard.
- The tank holds 37 gallons total, giving ample space for however much food waste you produce.
- Removable doors make it easier to load composting goods and unload finished compost.
- The tumbler is made of polypropylene, making it more durable in outside elements.
- The polypropylene material is made from recycled consumer goods, making it even more waste-reducing!
- The steel frame of the tumbler makes it erosion-resistant, making it even more durable if you live in an area with heavy or frequent rainfall.
- It is BPA free, which means it is safe for the compost to be used in crop gardens.
- The compost tumbler has an aeration system, giving the compost products the oxygen needed in order to break down and for the nutrients to be more easily absorbed into the soil and by the plants.
- With a 37-gallon capacity, there is ample room for both food waste and lawn clippings.
- The tumbler is only available in a 37-gallon capacity, so there is not a smaller option if you do not produce much food waste.
#2EJWOX LARGE COMPOSTING TUMBLER
The EJWOX composting tumbler is an easy tool for beginners. The spinning action is smooth and allows for beginners to use with ease.
The dual-chamber allows there to be two compartments readily available; while one is full, you can begin to fill the other chamber.
The composting tumbler is BPA free, making the compost safe to use in a food garden. The steel frame of the tumbler is a sturdy base that also prevents erosion in the elements.
The EJWOX brand is another leading Amazon brand in gardening. They have top rated products for gardening tools and sell kitchen goods for homemade foods and drinks.
Pros and Cons
- The EJWOX brand is a leading competitor on Amazon for gardening needs.
- The dual-chamber design makes it easier for one chamber to be used and the other for fresh clippings.
- The aeration system allows oxygen to circulate into the chambers to allow breakdown of the nutrients and make it easier for plants to absorb.
- The steel frame makes the tumbler sturdier against the elements and aids against erosion in rainy elements.
- BPA free, so the compost is safe for crops.
- The compost tumblers are not made of a material to prevent sun damage, so you might have to replace it over time.
- The compost tumblers have a 43-gallon capacity, enough for a large amount of food waste and lawn clippings.
- There is not a smaller option for the compost tumbler, so if you do not produce a large amount of food waste or lawn clippings, the tumbler will take longer to fill.
- The EJWOX composting tumbler weighs about 25 pounds, slightly less than the FCMP tumbler. It is still easy to set up and easily moveable if you decide to change the location.
- The doors are not removable, but slidable. It is still easy to use, but not as easily loadable and unloadable as a removable door.
#3 ENVIROCYCLE COMPOSTER
The Envirocycle composter is a compost tumbler mini design. It’s very easy to use, especially for people who do not produce large amounts of food waste or clippings.
With a removable door, the composter is easily loadable and unloadable. Being BPA free, it is also food safe for your garden crops.
There is no assembly required for this mini composter, making it even easier to use for beginners!
The Envirocycle brand is the third-ranked brand on Amazon for compost tumblers. It is based in the United States, and all its products are manufactured in the United States. Their customer service also has high marks for understanding and availability.
Pros and Cons
- The Envirocycle brand is dedicated to employing more Americans, which is highly sought out in brands today.
- The tumbler is only single-chambered, meaning there is not space to start another compost batch if you have lawn clippings while the bin is composting food waste.
- The tumbler does have a removable door, making it easier for composting materials to be loaded and unloaded.
- There have been reports of the removable door cracking, but customer service has been known to send a replacement door free of charge.
- The material is BPA free, so it is food safe.
- There is only one size, which is mini. If you produce more food waste, you would have to buy multiple.
- Produces both liquid and solid compost, giving you an option for whatever your garden’s needs are.
- The Envirocycle compost tumbler is the most expensive we recommend.
- Available in two colors, so if you want to personalize your garden tools, it is available!
- The aeration system allows nutrients to be dispersed properly.
- The tumbler is only about 14 pounds, making it even easier to move than other tumblers.
- Beginner-friendly for those starting their journey in the gardening world.
#4 SQUEEZE MASTER
The Squeeze Master compost tumbler is leading at number 4 on Amazon for compost tumblers.
Being dual-chambered, the compost tumbler is easily fillable and is efficient to use when one chamber is full, but you still have waste to compost. With it also being BPA free, it is safe to use in a food garden.
The chambers are made with polypropylene, making them sun resistant. Also, it is steel-framed, so it is ideal for an area with rainy weather conditions!
The Squeeze Master brand is an Amazon brand leading in gardening goods. It is top-rated for goods such as bird feeders and wine presses.
Pros and Cons
- The Squeeze Master compost tumbler is beginner-friendly with easily rotated chambers and is easy to assemble.
- An aeration system to aid in the composting process.
- Reviewers have mentioned that the chamber must be full for the compost to fully blend properly.
- The doors are not removable, making it harder to load and unload products.
- BPA free, so the materials are safe to use with fruits and vegetables.
- Made of polypropylene, so it is sun resistant for sunny areas.
- A steel frame prevents erosion in areas where rain is common.
- A 43-gallon tank total, making sure there is enough room for food waste and grass clippings.
- The Squeeze Master compost tumbler is only available in one size, so it is not suitable if you do not produce a large amount of food waste.
- The compost tumbler is about 26 pounds, so it is easily moveable if you decide to move the tumbler in your garden.
Why Compost, And How Do You Do It?
Composting is a great way to return nutrients into the soil. All plants take nutrients out of the soil, and out of time, the soil will be stripped. It also helps keep away pests, reducing the use of chemical repellants so your food is safer to eat, and you are aiding in saving the environment!
Throwing your fruit and vegetable waste creates methane in the atmosphere, making global warming occur even faster. By using a compost tumbler, you are helping slow down climate change!
To compost, all you have to do is throw fruit and vegetable trash (such as peels or parts that you forgot in the fridge) into the compost tumbler. You can even throw in eggshells to add calcium into the soil.
Do not add weeds or meat and dairy products in the mix, or weeds will grow, and there will be wild animals digging up your garden beds.
Why Not Just Use A Compost Bin?
The best way for your soil to receive nutrients is by using a tumbler. The best compost tumbler will rotate your compost and combine the nutrients faster by the usage of heat. By having it outside, you can easily add lawn clippings to the mix. Another plus- you won’t have to smell the food scraps in your house, and bugs won’t be attracted inside!
Composting is a great way to return nutrients into your soil and let your plants live happily again. It also helps save the planet by reducing the use of pesticides and the about of toxins filling the air by food rotting in landfills.
In the long run, it can help save money by saving your plants, so you don’t have to buy more seeds and for you not buying high-dollar pesticides to keep weeds and pests away.
Many people steer away from composting because of the smell produced and the number of bugs that enter the home. However, with an outside compost tumbler, the smell will stay away from your house!
By using a tumbler, the compost is more easily absorbed into the soil, and nutrients are absorbed faster into your plants, giving your plants a happy life once again.
The best compost tumbler is one that is dual-chambered for easy use and is made of weathering resistant products. It will also include an aeration system, so nutrients are dispersed properly to be absorbed into your soil and plants.
If you want to bring your plants back to their healthy state, check out our top 4 recommendations for the best garden tumblers.