When I first started using Grow Tents, I ran into some serious problems. I experienced tears in the fabric constantly and had a serious problem with light leaking.
I went in search of a grow tent that wouldn’t tear and would deliver consistent professional results. That’s how I came across Gorilla Grow Tent and their three lines.
- GGT: The original line of Gorilla Grow Tents that fully utilize their unique design, including sturdier frames, thicker fabrics, and a much taller grow tent
- The LITE line: Perfect for growers who keep their tents indoors, this line utilizes thinner fabrics without sacrificing quality or durability. They come in a smaller range of sizes, but they have the same impressive heights as the GGT line
- The SHORTY line: coming in at 5’, this is the perfect range for those who want the durability of the GGT range without the extreme height.
- 1 What are some of the Features of the Gorilla Grow Tent?
- 2 We’ve all been through this…
- 3 So, How Does Gorilla Grow Tent’s Line Help?
- 4 Okay, so what’s available from Gorilla Grow?
- 5 Before you buy…
- 6 So how do you know that this works?
- 7 So, should you buy this? And if you want to, where can you find it?
- 8 So overall, what do I think of this brand? Would I recommend this?
What are some of the Features of the Gorilla Grow Tent?
If you haven’t heard of Gorilla Grow Tents before, they’re among the leading brands on the market right now. They allow you to play God with your plants, customizing every aspect of the growing environment to optimize your yield.
Some of the unique features that have made the Gorilla Grow Tent one of the leading brands right now include:
- Much thicker fabrics than the majority of brands on the market right nowMost brands right now sell tents that range from 190D to about 600D. Gorilla Grow Tent’s LITE range starts at 240D, while their GGT range and their SHORTY range both reach 1680D.
- Unique PEVA stitchingThis increases the durability of the already thicker fabrics, reducing the risks of tearing and damage to the exterior, leading to noise pollution and light leaks.
This means that even the LITE range is more durable than many others on the market right now.
- The diamond interiorThis doesn’t mean the interior is made of diamonds! Instead, we’re talking about the unique diamond-shaped reflective paneling on the inside, which increases reflective capabilities without targeting any specific spots of your tent.
This means you don’t have to worry about any of your plants not getting the treatment they need.
- Much taller than most other brands on the marketWhile most other brands cap out at 6’, the GGT and LITE ranges both start at that height and can be extended up to 8′.
The SHORTY range is obviously much shorter, starting at 5’ so there’s something for everyone.
We’ve all been through this…
For anyone who’s at all familiar with using grow tents, you’ll probably have gone through the same journey as me. I used cheaper grow tents initially, made of a thinner, flimsier fabric.
So, it should have come as no surprise to me when they ripped, leaving my yield exposed (and unsurprisingly, I had very poor growth when I was using these tents).
Another problem I had was the temperature control. I just couldn’t get enough distance between my lights and my plants, which wasn’t too big of a problem with they were seedlings but became a serious problem later on.
So, How Does Gorilla Grow Tent’s Line Help?
Like with everything I buy, I turned to the internet for some guidance. With a whole community of growers at my fingertips, I found myself trawling through Reddit forums and ‘Top Ten’ lists for the perfect grow tent.
One brand kept coming up over and over again. Gorilla Grow Tent. I was intrigued, so I did a little more research, and the more I researched, the more impressed I became.
It seemed like I’d found an answer to the problems I’d been having with growing for so long, and it came from the unique design of Gorilla Grow Tents.
Okay, so what’s available from Gorilla Grow?
The website offers three lines of the tent – their GGT range, their LITE range, and their SHORTY range (for anyone who doesn’t need that extreme height).
The design of the tents is largely the same across all three ranges, with only a few slight differences, and to give you an indication of which exact product is the best for you from each line, we’ve added a handy table:
The GGT line
The GGT line is their original, and the most popular line available on the website. They boast an impressive range of sizes from 2×2.5 all the way up to a huge 10 x 20.
Their original line is definitely the most durable with that 1680D fabric, designed to prevent tearing or light leaking that can throw off the growth of your plants. Another benefit to the design of the fabric is the unique diamond design on the interior.
This maximizes the reflective abilities and reduces the likelihood of hot spots in your grow tent, which can focus too much heat on one small area of your plants, leading to poor overall growth.
The structure of the GGT is one of the most impressive all-around features of the brand. The structure is 100% metal, utilizing thick, heavy steel to give you a durable and steady frame for your tent.
With the exception of the 2×2.5 product, which starts at 5’11, all of the GGT tents are 6’11 tall.
|Tent Name with Dimensions Included (in feet)||Cost (in USD)||Weight (in lbs)||Electrical Ports Available||Ducting Ports Available||Doors Available|
|2’ x 2.25’ x 5’11 GGT||$225.99||29lbs||2||5||1|
|2’ x 4’ x 6’11 GGT||$305.99||37lbs||2||5||1|
|3’ x 3’ x 6’11 GGT||$327.59||40lbs||2||5||1|
|4’ x 4’ x 6’11 GGT||$399.93||50lbs||3||4||1|
|5’ x 5’ x 6’11 GGT||$437.39||66lbs||3||4||3|
|4’ x 8’ x 6’11 GGT||$636.29||88lbs||5||8||3|
|5’ x 9’ x 6’11 GGT||$698.39||101lbs||5||8||3|
|8’ x 8’ x 6’11 GGT||$1061.99||139lbs||6||12||3|
|9’ x 9’ x 6’11 GGT||$1166.39||155lbs||6||12||3|
|10’ x 10’ x 6’11 GGT||$1318.49||177lbs||6||12||3|
|8’ x 16’ x 6’11 GGT||$1799.99||217lbs||14||16||6|
|10’ x 20’ x 6’11 GGT||$2699.99||308lbs||14||16||6|
The LITE line
Many of the impressive features of the GGT range are also found in the LITE line, albeit on a smaller scale. The strong structure and the diamond reflective interior remain the same in the LITE range, but there is a significant difference in the thickness of the product.
These products are catered towards those who prefer to bring their grow tents inside, so they’re more likely to be sheltered from damage.
Therefore, the fabric is considerably thinner than that of the GGT range at 280D. Due to the PEVA binding, you don’t have to worry about tearing.
These tents are also slightly shorter than their GGT counterparts, starting at 5’7 for the 2×2.5 tent, while the rest are 6’7.
|Tent with Dimensions Included (in Feet)||Cost (In USD)||Weight (in LBs)||Electrical Ports available||Duct Ports Available||Doors Available|
|2’ x 2.5’ x 5’7 LITE||$147.04||19lbs||1||5||1|
|2’ x 4’ x 6’7 LITE||$218.99||25lbs||2||5||1|
|4’ x 4’ x 6’7 LITE||$260.98||30lbs||2||6||1|
|4’ x 8’ x 6’7 LITE||$429.99||49lbs||4||7||3|
|8’ x 8’ x 6’7 LITE||$665.99||77lbs||4||9||3|
And Finally, the SHORTY range
For anyone who doesn’t need the 6-8’ growth space, the SHORTY range is perfect. Made with the same 1680D fabric as the GGT range, this is a heavy-duty product, available from 2×2.5 to 4×8 sizes.
This is the perfect product for seedlings, given the 4’11 height across all products (this can be extended to 5’8).
Make no mistake though, despite being smaller than the other lines, the SHORTY range is powerful, packing all of the impressive design features of the GGT line into a much smaller package.
|Tent with Dimensions included (In feet)||Weight (in LBS)||Price (In USD)||Doors||Ducting Ports Available||Electrical Ports Available|
|2’ x 2.5’ x 4.11’ SHORTY||26lbs||$197.99||1||5||2|
|2’ x 4’ x 4’11 SHORTY||31.5lbs||$269.98||1||5||2|
|3’ x 3’ x 4’11 SHORTY||32.5lbs||$299.99||1||5||2|
|4’ x 4’ x 4’11 SHORTY||41.5lbs||$386.99||1||4||3|
|5’ x 5 x 4’11 SHORTY||53lbs||$386.99||3||4||3|
|4 x 8 x 4’11 SHORTY||69lbs||$571.49||3||8||5|
Before you buy…
Of course, there are pros and cons to every product, and the Gorilla Grow Tent is no different. I’ve compiled a little list of the most important things you should consider before you buy.
Pros of the Gorilla Grow Tent:
Made of a durable material
- Gorilla Grow Tents are constructed with some of the thickest fabric on the market right now, to prevent tearing
- The regular range of tents comes at 1680D, making them very sturdy
- The innovative and high-quality craftsmanship means that products are less likely to break or require replacement, even on the cheaper models
- At 25lbs+, this is a heavy piece of equipment. If you choose to leave it outside, there’s no worry of it getting blown over in the wind. The heavy, sturdy frame means it’s less likely to shift and damage the plants inside
Cons of the Gorilla Grow Tent:
The zipper problem
- The most common complaint from customers is about the quality of the zipper. Despite the high-quality material used on the rest of the Grow tent, several customers have had complaints about the zipper. For some, the stitching around the zipper has been frayed on arrival. For others, it breaks after only a few uses
- Some customers have complained that it can be hard to set up
- The parts come separately, and you have to build it yourself
- This may not be such a problem, except that in some cases the products have shipped in multiple packages over more than one day
The customer service
- Customer service and transparency is one of the most important aspects of any company, which is why it can be quite concerning to see complaints about it
- Some customers have complained about the slow response time from the customer service team
- This isn’t something everyone experiences, and the majority of interactions with customer services seem to have been positive ones, but this is something you may want to keep in mind.
So how do you know that this works?
Browsing through the product’s website isn’t exactly the best way to decide whether or not to buy from them. You need results, you need satisfied customers! Especially given the price (the cheapest on the website costs $130, while the most expensive is over $2000), you need to know you’re making a solid investment.
There’s no point in handing over all that money, only to realize you’ve made a mistake.
A quick glance at the Trustpilot rating online is reassuring. They’ve gained an ‘excellent’ rating through Trustpilot users from hundreds of customers. What’s interesting when you look through the reviews is that a lot of them are returning customers.
Many customers are so satisfied that they keep coming back to buy more Grow Tents.
For anyone who’s bought a cheaper brand of grow tent in the hopes that they can save some money, DJ’s story will be painfully familiar. When he first started indoor gardening, he bought a much cheaper brand.
The cheaper grow tent broke within one growing cycle, and after another failed attempt with a cheaper brand, he decided to invest in a Gorilla Grow Tent. He instantly noticed the difference in quality when he compared the old grow tents to the Gorilla tent, in terms of the quality, durability, and sturdiness.
And he’s not alone! The reviews are filled with customers who are well-versed in grow tents.
Many of them have been through lots of other brands before finding Gorilla Grow Tents and have now found a new favorite brand. For anyone who’s tried and tested other products and haven’t found them to be high quality, you aren’t alone.
The number of reviews of seasoned growers who’ve turned to Gorilla Grow Tents after getting tired of replacing their tents shows that this is a high-quality product.
So, should you buy this? And if you want to, where can you find it?
The wide range of products available on Gorilla Grow’s website means that there will likely be a grow tent that suits your needs.
Whether you’re a first-time buyer and you aren’t sure of exactly what to look for, or you’re more experienced and are looking for a professional product, you should be able to find something amongst the wide range.
For those new to growing, the LITE range is probably a better option, due to the lower price. The GGT range is geared towards growers with more experience, who want to tailor and perfect their growing abilities.
They also have a range of sizes available, depending on your preference. For those of you who are just looking for a small indoor growing station, they have a 2×2.5 available. These are perfect to put in the corner of your room, to hide away in a cupboard, or to keep in your shed.
If you only want to grow a limited range of things for yourself, this is a good option. It’s less wasteful and more energy efficient!
Whether you’re a newcomer in the Grow Tent world or you’re an experienced gardener, you’ll likely find something useful to you in this range. So, if you decide to buy, where can you find these products?
Not only are these products available across Gorilla Grow Tent’s website, but they’re available for purchase on amazon.com. If you go to Gorilla Grow Tent’s website, you can also enter your zip code to find a store near you.
So overall, what do I think of this brand? Would I recommend this?
Grow tent’s website and reviews prove that they’re a high-quality brand, known by many as one of the highest quality brands on the market. This brand prides itself on its innovative, high-quality designs that ensure long-lasting results.
Admittedly, they are a more expensive brand for Grow Tents, and if you’re serious about your gardening, this will be a big investment. But right now, with a market saturated in cheap products that need replacing in a year or two, making a long-term investment like this might be a good idea. In the long run, it could work out much cheaper.
If you’re someone who isn’t ready to take the plunge and spend $2000+ dollars, they do have a cheaper range available.
This is great for anyone unfamiliar with Grow Tents and indoor gardening. The lighter design means they’re also perfect for bringing inside the home, or in your shed.
While there are some downsides to this company to be found in the reviews, the positive customer experiences outweigh them. The high-quality materials and obviously good craftsmanship in these products make these a worthwhile investment.